Scoring System

I'll grade on 5 areas (Cleanliness, Originality, Design, Privacy & Other) then give the restroom a final score. Each area can earn a 1 - 5 (with 1 being very poor and 5 being wonderful).



1. Cleanliness - can I use it without having to wear rubber gloves?

2. Originality - anything unique or is it just the basic toilet, sink, & mirror?

3. Design - Is it modern, retro, HGTV worthy?

4. Privacy - Does it compare to sitting in a hole in prison or being at home?

5. Other - Anything else I think worthy to score!

August 23, 2010

Quinn's Pub - Seattle, WA

Friday after work + nice weather = happy hour with friends!

I hadn't been for a long time but I knew Quinn's Pub on Capitol Hill in Seattle had a great menu, strong drinks and of course a great restroom. I remember it having everything I wanted in a restroom, so I was excited to try it again. When I showed up my friend Jason already had a drink and was sitting at the bar. I sat down, ordered and made my way through the normal "hello-how are you-I'm good-great to see you" conversation all the while eyeing the hallway to the restrooms. I didn't want to be rude so I sucked down my first, then my second Sidecar on the rocks before excusing myself. With phone in hand (for the camera) I made my way through the restaurant, down the hallway and into my own private oasis!

Quinn's restrooms have several things going for them. To start the awesome hallway. There are only two restrooms so you might find yourself having to wait in line but that's OK. They made it almost spa like with wood planks stacked on top of another along the main wall. Then the two restroom doors are frosted glass with a simple 'WC' decal on each. No need to separate the males from females here - we can use either one!

Inside a large mirror against a brick wall greets me and as I close the door I realize my experience will be as I remembered it; pretty close to great. Even if you are only going number 1 (which I was) it still makes for a perfect setting. The white and black tiled floor adds just enough character that the rest of the decor is a mere compliment to it's clean style. I look in the mirror and for a brief moment think "I look good" but then I come to my senses and realize the lighting in here makes EVERYONE look good - or it could have been the two drinks I downed prior to looking at myself. Either way I smile at the mirror, "this is a good one for the blog!"

Then everything changes when I wash my hands. The soap dispenser...a ketchup bottle? Really? OK it's not red but it's pretty darn close to being at the next BBQ filled with mayo (see photo above!). Maybe I'm missing something because some might see it as clever or cute? Eh, I don't know it's not working for me. Still it's a great bathroom and everything else it has to offer I'm willing to look over the squeezable soap bottle.

Score Card (1 through 5)
1. Cleanliness = 4

2. Originality = 4 (the soap dispenser people...)

3. Design = 5

4. Privacy = 5

5. Hallway = 4

Quinn's Pub Total = 22 (out of 25)

Final Thoughts: Quinn's will be hard to beat. I'll use the restroom there even if I don't have to use the restroom!
http://www.quinnspubseattle.com/

No comments: